Work at Breast Cancer Action
Thank you for your interest in working at Breast Cancer Action! We currently have the following position open.
Breast Cancer Action (BCAction) seeks to hire an Individual Gifts Officer. The Individual Gifts Officer is responsible for managing BCAction’s individual donor program. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of success stewarding and growing individual donor programs. The candidate should be comfortable both with high-level strategy development and with the day-to-day tasks that are required for successful program implementation. We are looking for a team player who is passionate about BCAction’s work and is comfortable engaging with donors of all levels of giving through in–person meetings, conversations by phone, and communication via snail mail and email. The Individual Gifts Officer reports to the Development Director.
BCAction is a national education and advocacy non-profit whose mission is to carry the voices of people affected by breast cancer to inspire and compel the changes necessary to end the breast cancer epidemic. As a matter of policy, we don’t take contributions from any corporation that profits from or contributes to cancer. This policy allows us to put patients before profits. BCAction is located in San Francisco, CA and has an annual budget of $1,005,000. For more information, please visit www.bcaction.org and www.thinkbeforeyoupink.org.
- Lead the identification, cultivation and solicitation of new mid and major gift opportunities, and secure increased support from existing BCAction donors.
- Manage annual fundraising campaigns with support from development department staff.
- Manage a portfolio of mid and major donors and prospects. Develop and execute a fundraising strategy for each donor.
- Expand BCAction’s planned giving outreach and solicitation activities.
- Collaborate with the Events Coordinator to identify and solicit major gift prospects for event sponsorships.
- Prepare applications for all local, state and federal employee giving campaigns.
- Support the Board of Directors and volunteer solicitors in their fundraising efforts.
- Respond to all third party event inquiries and support event hosts in their fundraising activities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 4 years of non-profit fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with prospecting, cultivating, and managing donor relationships.
- Detail and deadline-oriented with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Experience and track record of success with implementing a planned giving program.
- Fluency with Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience managing individual prospects and conducting personal solicitation of donors.
- Understanding of and commitment to women’s health issues from a feminist perspective.
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
Please email your resume and cover letter along with your salary requirements to email@example.com using the subject line “Individual Gifts Officer.” Please be sure to highlight specific details of relevant experience. No phone calls please. This position will remain open until filled.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This position offers paid time off and health benefits.
Breast Cancer Action is committed to equal opportunity in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability, citizenship or veteran status as provided by law.