Welcome to Breast Cancer Action’s California Cancer Fracktivist program!
Breast Cancer Action is a national grassroots education and activist organization working to achieve health justice for all women at risk of and living with breast cancer.
We view breast cancer as a social justice issue and a public health crisis. Individual action alone, whether in terms of lifestyle or behavioral choices, is not sufficient to tackle the root causes of the breast cancer epidemic. That’s why, as the watchdog of the breast cancer movement, we educate, organize and take action for systemic change.
Breast Cancer Action opposes fracking and other forms of dangerous drilling because these practices exposes people to endocrine disruptors and carcinogenic chemicals that are linked to breast cancer. We’re calling on our members who care about the connection between fracking and cancer to step up their involvement in the anti-fracking movement here in California.
Please read (or watch!) the following materials to complete the California Cancer Fracktivist orientation. Please inform our Campaigns Coordinator Alyssa Figueroa at firstname.lastname@example.org when you completed the orientation.
- Read our brochure, “Know the Facts About Breast Cancer Risks, Fracking and Dangerous Drilling“
- Read our executive director’s op-eds in the EcoWatch:
- Watch our webinar, “Communities Impacted by Fracking Coast to Coast“
- Watch the short documentary, Dear Governor Brown:
- EXTRA CREDIT: Watch a recording of a public forum we co-hosted, “Drilling Down Into Health Impacts: The Effects of Oil and Gas on California’s Communities“