Breast Cancer Action (BCAction) seeks an experienced volunteer corporate campaign strategist to work in collaboration with program staff to identify critical points of leverage in advancing BCAction’s strategic priorities. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to contribute to changing the conversation about breast cancer.
Organization: BCAction is a national breast cancer education and advocacy organization. We carry the voices of people affected by breast cancer to inspire and compel the changes necessary to end the epidemic. BCAction is committed to taking meaningful action to meet the needs of women living with breast cancer and to stop breast cancer before it starts. We work to:
- Address and eliminate the social inequities women of color and low income women face in breast cancer diagnoses, treatments, and mortality rates.
- Advocate for more effective and less toxic breast cancer treatments for all breast cancers.
- Decrease involuntary environmental exposures that put people at risk for breast cancer.
A volunteer position with BCAction provides the opportunity to learn more about the politics of breast cancer and to take part in grassroots women’s health and environmental activism. The Volunteer Corporate Campaign Strategist may work at BCAction’s national office in downtown San Francisco or remotely.
Tasks: The Volunteer Corporate Campaign Strategist, in collaboration with program staff, may:
- Identify targets and strategies for achieving success in corporate campaigns
- Build Breast Cancer Action’s capacity to push for meaningful systemic change in our core issues listed above
- Perform research that supports the goals and strategies of BCAction’s Milking Cancer campaign
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven track record of success in corporate campaigning
- Ability to think strategically
- Self-motivated team player
Volunteers Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Assist with the planning and development of Breast Cancer Action’s upcoming corporate campaigns
- Work with dedicated, passionate non-profit staff members
- Gain a deeper understanding of the breast cancer epidemic through a social justice lens
- Gain professional development
Internship/Volunteer position dates: on-going
Pay: This is an unpaid position.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualification for this position, along with your resume to Annie Sartor, Policy and Campaigns Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.