Special Thanks: Spring 2016
We could not do this work without the support of so many members and volunteers.
- Thank you to Sandra Steingraber for your thought provoking and engaging talk at our educational forum, An Evening with Sandra Steingraber: California Fracking and Public Health in October.
- Thank you to Carrie Wong for her invaluable office assistance.
- Thank you to Alan Kleinschmidt and the SF Choral Society for tickets to their great performances for our board, staff and volunteers
- Thank you to Janika Patel for volunteering with us throughout her semester and assisting the program department with all types of work.
- Thank you to Sheila Kitts for continuing to support our work with beautiful and impactful graphic design work.
- Thank you to Louise Greenspan, MD, Pediatric endocrinologist at Kaiser Permanente, Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at UCSF and co-author of the book, The New Puberty: How to Navigate Early Development in Today’s Girls, Julianna Deardorff, PhD, Clinical psychologist, Associate Professor at UC Berkeley’s School of Public Health and co-author of the book, The New Puberty: How to Navigate Early Development in Today’s Girls and Barbara Cohn, PhD Director of the Child Health and Development Studies, a project of the Public Health Institute for their engaging and informative presentations on our January webinar, Environmental Exposures: Why Timing is Critical.
- Thank you to Martha Dina Arguello, Executive Director of Physicians for Social Responsibility LA and founding member of STAND LA, Juan Flores, Community Organizer for Center on Race, Poverty and the Environment and Karen Feridun, Founder of Berks Gas Truth for their powerful presentations on our March webinar, Communities Impacted by Fracking Coast to Coast. Thank you to BCAction member, Katylyn Frew for screening Pink Ribbons, Inc. at Beloit College in Wisconsin.
- Thank you to Ashley McCormack and Jocelyn Lyle of Environmental Working Group and Marj Plumb and Robert Gould of Physicians for Social Responsibility-San Francisco Bay Area Chapter for all your hard work and dedication in planning and co-hosting a powerful educational, An Evening with Sandra Steingraber: California Fracking and Public Health in October.
- Thank you to Kari Napoli for rai$ing hell for BCAction with her archery group fundraiser.
- Thank you to Kehillah School for Learning for hosting a bake sale fundraiser on behalf of BCAction.
- Thank you to Spirit United Soccer Club for selecting BCAction as the beneficiary of your soccer club t-shirt and challenge sales.
- Thank you to Lori Gibson for selecting to fundraise for BCAction through Pure Haven Essentials (formerly Ava Anderson Cosmetics) online parties.
- 12th Annual Billie Gardner Loulan Memorial Luncheon:
- Thank you to JoAnn Loulan for her fierce fundraising prowess raising over 1 million dollars over 12 years.
- Thank you toDonna Dubinsky and Len Shustek for opening their lovely home and underwriting the catering.
- Thank you toPeggy Orenstein and Mhel Kavanaugh-Lynch for their support and providing a thought-provoking panel and Q&A.
- Thank you to Elaine Costello and Julie and Danika Morgan for volunteering to do the live auction.
- Thank you to Meaghan Calcari Campbell and Laurie Pomeranz for powerful and moving readings.
This entry was posted in BCA Action Alerts