BCAction’s Vision for Social Media Use: We view online forums as a place where people can share stories, have conversations, and exchange varying view points.
BCAction Social Media Guidelines
1. We will establish a BCAction presence wherever our current membership and/or target audiences congregate online. We will actively invite and/or engage our members on these platforms.
2. We will ensure that once we establish our presence in a social media site, it will be updated regularly according to the conventions of that site.
3. We will ensure consistency of BCAction-generated messages and actions across all media platforms. We will ensure that the essence of BCAction’s messages remains true to our current advocacy priorities and mission, no matter which media platforms are employed.
4. We will identify ourselves clearly in what we write and what we post as a BCAction staff members. When responding as a BCAction staff member, we will always identify ourselves as such. We will not engage in “flame wars.”
5. We will moderate all comments and responses to BCAction posts. BCAction reserves the right to remove content, including but not limited to, spam, repetition, profanity, defamatory, inappropriate, libelous, or patently false language, promotions or sponsorships not related to BCAction and promotions or sponsorships inconsistent with BCAction’s policies and positions.
6. Whenever possible, we will solicit ideas and stories from our members to help enhance our messages.
7. Whenever possible, we will answer questions and provide information to members. However, we will not be compelled to respond to every post. We will try our best to engage and educate even if we disagree with what is said or it is inconsistent with BCAction’s message. We will encourage dialogue even if some of the dialogue makes us uncomfortable.
8. We will embrace user-generated content and encourage membership participation in BCAction social media platforms.
9. We will use these platforms to promote BCAction donations, partnerships, promotions, and campaigns. We will also use these platforms to proactively share information from ally organizations whenever possible.
10. We will not reprint information posted to a social media site in any other venue unless we have the author/commenter’s permission. However, because of the public nature of social media sites, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of content posted.
Adapted from: http://www.socialmedia.biz/social-media-policies/bread-for-the-worlds-social-media-policy/