Work at Breast Cancer Action
Thank you for your interest in working at Breast Cancer Action!
We do not currently have any positions available, but we have several internship opportunities. Learn more here.
About Breast Cancer Action
Breast Cancer Action is not your typical breast cancer organization. Our passionate and talented staff and our engaged grassroots membership are our strength. Since our founding in 1990, we have had an outsized impact because of the power of people coming together. We are currently hiring an accomplished Program Officer to lead and run our national online campaigns as well as other actions and programmatic offerings.
Breast Cancer Action’s founders knew that their personal tragedy was part of a larger public health crisis. Our work to achieve health justice for all women living with and at risk of breast cancer has always been grounded in the fact that breast cancer is a social justice issue. Today, Breast Cancer Action is known as the watchdog for the breast cancer movement. We work for system change that addresses the root causes of the breast cancer epidemic.
Radical and compassionate, we never shy away from the hard truths. We refuse to blame anyone for their breast cancer and we tell it like it is because:
- More than a quarter million women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year;
- Black women are 40% more likely to die and people of color fare worse after a diagnosis;
- Involuntary chemical exposures throughout our lives are linked to increased risk of breast cancer and 90% of breast cancers are not linked to family history or genetic mutations;
- Corporations boost sales with pink ribbon products for awareness, yet fail to take steps to ensure their products don’t increase the risk of breast cancer;
- Pharma and biotech make billions in profits even though most new cancer drugs don’t help patients live longer and there is still no cure for metastatic breast cancer;
- Pink ribbon culture shifts the burden to patients’ attitude and behavior by telling us to just “stay positive” and “fight like a girl” when we are diagnosed.
Breast Cancer Action is fiercely independent and refuses corporate funding from any company that profits from or contributes to breast cancer, which means we can do the work that other breast cancer organizations can’t do.
We value diversity and each member of our team brings their own diverse lived experiences, along with the depth of their professional expertise to inform and enrich our work together. We are an ambitious organization and successful team members bring big, bold ideas as well as a relentless determination to get the actual work done. Our work together is deeply collaborative and driven by our organizational values.
For more information about our work please visit www.bcaction.org and www.thinkbeforeyoupink.org.